In this issue...
Also available in pdf.
1997 Santa Fe Highlights
Joint Genome Institute (JGI) Comes of Age
JGI and Bermuda Quality Sequence
Grants Awarded for JGI Collaboration
JGI Sequencing Clones
Sequencing at NIH NHGRI
Data Surge Challenges Informaticists
Genome Annotation: Informatics Advances Needed for Age of Functional Genomics
ELSI: Rapid Progress Accelerates Societal Impact of Genome Research
1999 DOE HGP Meeting Set for California
Human Genome Project Administration
New 5-Year Goals, Project Midpoint
DOE, NIH Discuss Informatics
JASON Group Review
BER Genome Instrumentation Research
In the News
Private-Sector Sequencing Plan
Bang for the Buck: Government-Backed Research Underpins Potentially High Payoff Ventures
Palmisano Joins DOE OBER
DNA Files series to be on NPR
HUGO Addresses Sample Collection
Sickle Cell Mice May Lead to New Treatments
TIGR Sequencing 6 More Microbes
Tuberculosis Microbe Sequenced
C. Elegans Sequencing Nears Finish
HGMIS Website Restructured
cDNA Cloning Workshop Identifies Critical Issues
Survey Identifies Growing Need for Synchrotron Analyses
Report on Functional Consequences of Gene Expression
Book on Tuskegee Conference
Book Focuses on Biomarker Implications, Conference Proceedings
Genome Analysis Protocol Handbook
Software and the Internet
Mouse Genome Informatics Release 2.0
New System Identifies Polymorphisms
DOE Supports Web Site for 1997 AAAS Genome Symposium
Expressed Human Genome Database
NHGRI Initiates Mailing List
U.S. Genome Research Funding
Meeting Calendars & Acronyms
Genome and Biotechnology Meetings
Training Courses and Workshops
HGN archives and subscriptions
HGP Information home
Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) Release 2.0
The MGI Web site (http://www.informatics.jax.org) provides integrated access to various information resources on the genetics and biology of the laboratory mouse. The site includes the Mouse Genome Database, Gene Expression Database (GXD), and Encyclopedia of the Mouse Genome.
- New Gene-Expression Data and Query Form: Data set of RT-PCR assays produced by Tom Freeman's laboratory represents analyses of 517 genes in 46 mouse tissues from animals 6 to 8 weeks old and studies of tissues from 15-day-old mouse embryos. Additional gene-expression data sets will be publicly available soon.
- Gene-Expression Data Query Form: Users can search for expression data related to specified genes, anatomical structures, or developmental stages. Query results can be returned as listing of assays or assay results.
- Reorganized and Simplified Linkage Maps Form: Users can generate a linkage map display of markers retrieved from the database. They can view a mouse chromosome or chromosomal region and may choose to include homologies from another selected species, syntenic markers, and DNA segments or add new marker information.
- AXB-BXA Mapping Data Sets in EXCEL Format via Ftp: Produced by Beverly Paigen (Jackson Laboratory), new and revised AXB and BXA typings represented in RI mapping experimental data records will be incorporated into MGD's composite RI data sets.
- Revised Data-Submission Guidelines: Facilitate e-mail MGD data submission.
- 1998 Chromosome Committee Reports Online
[MGI User Support: 207/288-6445, Fax: -6132, email@example.com]
Return to Top of Page
The electronic form of the newsletter may be cited in the following
Human Genome Program, U.S. Department of Energy,
Human Genome News (v9n3).