The CNMS offers scanning tunneling (STM) and atomic force microscopy (AFM) in a range of environments, along with a wide variety of related spectroscopies, for mapping of physical and electronic structure, electronic and ionic transport, spin, thermovoltage, electromechanics, magnetism, and dissipation.
Magnetic Property Measurement System (MPMS)
An MPMS sample magnetometer provides solutions for a unique class of sensitive magnetic measurements in key areas such as high-temperature superconductivity, biochemistry, and magnetic recording media.
- High homogeneity magnet configurations of ± 7.0 Tesla
- Continuous Low Temperature Control/Temperature Sweep with Enhanced Thermometry
- Reciprocating Sample Option (RSO) - DC Magnetization absolute sensitivity: 1 x 10-8 emu @ 2,500 Oe
- SQUID AC Susceptibility Measurement, 0.1 Hz to 1KHz
- Horizontal & Vertical Sample Rotators
- Fiber Optic Sample Holder
- Magnet Reset
- Complementary to UHV magneto-optical Kerr effect measurements (UHV-MOKE)